Wednesday, July 8, 2009

30 Days of Being Wtih My Natural Energy

I have been abusing chocolate again to the point that I had a headache yesterday…also the 2nd latte of the day didn’t help. I went to bed with my head pounding and woke up this morning with the same. This is not the first time.


I realize that I have been stifling my own natural energy for most of my life. Usually it’s with food, and for the last decade, it has also been with chocolate. I enjoy the high I get from it – I feel strongly connected to love and quite blissful. I eat the kind with the least amount of sugar and the highest percentage of cocoa. I once tried baking chocolate, but found it way too bitter. Scharffen Berger 82% dark chocolate is my favorite…or their mocha version, but then I really get soaring.


I can handle the high I get from chocolate because it is less intense than my own natural energy. And, after all these years, the chocolate-energy is an energy I am familiar and comfortable with. Whereas I am quite disconnected from my own natural energy. As soon as I feel it coming on, I turn to chocolate…or food, to minimize its effect.

Today, I am making a commitment to myself to be with my own natural energy for one month. From today until August 7th, I will abstain from chocolate and using food to stifle my natural energy. I commit to noticing and sitting with myself during these days, discovering the gifts that my natural energy brings me.

During this time, I will chronicle my journey each day in this blog in hopes to discover the blessings that this entire journey affords me.

No comments:

Followers