Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 14 July 20, 2009

Today is my 7th wedding anniversary! Frank and I are doing very well…our partnership is a deep and intimate one in which we are free to share and explore with each other. There is nothing I can’t tell him or him me. I can be totally myself with him…and him me. We have a deep and respectful love for each other. And we are both totally committed to the health and growth of our relationship. We talked today about where we were as individuals and as a couple when we first got married. There was no way to even get a glimpse back then of who or where we would be 7 years later!

Reflecting on my 30-day journey, Frank again commented about how present and accessible I am to him. Before, I was so driven in whatever it was I was engaged in in the moment, that any interruption would seem a great nuisance. He’s right. In addition, I feel more present and accessible to MYSELF. I feel more, I am much more reflective, and I am able to witness myself and life to a greater degree.

How can we really be present with another if we are not present with ourselves? How can we accurately feel for another if we cannot even feel our own emotions? How can we have perspective and witness another if we cannot do that for ourselves?

No comments:

Followers