Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 8 July 14, 2009

It’s just after 11pm and I’m very tired…but I have committed to writing everyday of my experiences, so here I am :)

What I noticed today is that my energy has peaks and valleys. This afternoon I got pretty tired. When I checked in with my body, I realized that I hadn’t eaten lunch. So I bought a sandwich…ate it…and within an hour was nicely revived.

This evening, as I was watering the outside plants (being much more present this time, I’m pleased to say), I noticed that my energy, again, was low. Understandable after a long day away from home.

That’s when it dawned on me that I am not used to these peaks and valleys. With chocolate, I would partake at the first sign of a valley…keeping my energy at a constant peak. I still have that knee-jerk reaction at the onset of a valley. It’s interesting how many little times during the day the thought to have chocolate comes up. Now I know that when that happens that I’m in a little valley. The thought comes to me during these times to have something to eat…like a piece of fruit. But I dismiss that thought because I would be substituting one “drug” for another and I don’t’ want to do that. Then I think, “Oh, I could take a brisk walk around the block. That would boost my energy.” But I think it’s the same old game…artificially boosting my energy. I think the best thing to do is to ride the waves of energy and just learn to flow with it all. I really want to see what it’s like with my own natural energy and my natural rhythms.

Natural energy rhythms…a new concept. I will witness this over the next several days and see how it all plays out.

2 comments:

Aprils Song said...

JOYce your reflections and observations have truely got me looking at my own eating patterns.

What an amazing insight to see how closely related eating compulsion is to our natural flow of energy. I wonder though if in time our energy balances?

Love you and good night. You are absolutely one of my dearest friends and a charished witness to my journey :-)

Reiki In Action said...

You will succeeed in whatever you do. reiki is a silent power from within.

read myblogs at reikiinaction.blogspot.com

Followers